Telephone Answering Services in Boulder: 7 Need-to-Know Stats
Operating a small business in Boulder, CO comes with a host of challenges. One of the trickiest is phone management. At the outset, most small business owners in Boulder act as their own telephone answering service. This is never an ideal situation, chewing up hours in your workweek and creating a work situation that’s filled with distractions.
If you don’t have the funds to hire a full-time receptionist, you have three basic options when it comes to telephone reception. You can act as your own receptionist. Another option is an automated telephone answering company, also known as a virtual receptionist. In most cases, however, the best choice for small businesses in Boulder is to hire a local telephone answering service.
Unsure if a telephone answering company is right for your business? Here are seven crucial statistics that explain the value of a telephone answering service for businesses in Boulder.
7 Key Stats on Telephone Answering Services
The team at Office Evolution® Boulder has summarized key findings about telephone reception services below. These statistics show that customers clearly prefer live receptionists to virtual reception services. They also reveal the mind-boggling level of productivity-loss that small businesses suffer when they don’t have a phone answering system in place.
- Callers spend 218% as long on hold during automated phone calls. Automated receptionists more than double the time that customers spend on hold compared to live agents.
- 90% of consumers prefer live agents to automated receptionists. Researchers from HuffPost found that the vast majority of customers prefer speaking with a real person when they call a business.
- 47% of customers rate automated phone calls as negative experiences. “Not getting a real person” was the second-biggest complaint in a 2013 survey by Achieve Global on customer service experiences.
- 32% of consumers think a person should pick up immediately. A research report from software provider Velaro found that roughly one in three consumers think its unacceptable to start a call on hold.
- Spam calls account for 35% of American phone traffic. In a recent study, Consumer Reports found that over a third of American phone calls were robocalls, calling the phenomenon an “epidemic.”
- Small businesses lose $500 million each year to spam callers. Spam phone calls hit small businesses hardest, causing half-a-billion dollars in productivity loss each year.
- Office Evolution live agents add 100 hours to your work year. Our live answering services are proven to save small business owners an average of two hours each workweek. That adds up to just over a hundred hours of extra time over the course of a year.
Live Answering Services for Boulder Small Businesses
If you’re looking for a telephone answering company in Boulder, you’ll find the services you need with an answering service plan from Office Evolution Boulder. Our telephone reception services will boost your productivity and profitability by freeing up time in your workweek and improving your client’s customer service experience.
Telephone answering service plans from Office Evolution Boulder cover a wide range of features and advantages, making it easy to find the perfect plan for your business. Our plans offer a dedicated business phone number, voicemail-to-email functionality, discounts on conference rooms, and more. You’ll also have the chance to save on other services, like coworking space access or a business address plan.
Call 303-447-6862 today to learn more about telephone answering services at Office Evolution Boulder.