Office Evolution | August 23rd, 2017
Has your home office become a barrier to building your business? Once your business overgrows your home office, working from home can impede productivity and profitability. If you’re a small business owner near Burlington, MA and your home office is putting up obstacles to your success, you may need to upgrade to an office rental.
Your Home Office Can Undermine Your Business
There are a number of ways that a home office can get in the way of a growing business. At Office Evolution® Burlington, a number of common issues lead small business owners to switch from a home office to one of our Private Office rentals. Here are five of the most common problems that lead entrepreneurs switch from a home office to an office rental with Office Evolution Burlington.
- Home Distractions. If you work from home, it’s hard to steer clear of distractions like children, chores, and personal business. Even if these distractions only impact 10% or 20% of your work time, those are important hours for a small and growing business.
- Attracting New Business. Time management is the number one problem faced by work-from-home entrepreneurs. Number two? Attracting new clients. A home office makes it hard to network, market your business, and get prospective clients to take your business seriously.
- Office Management Tasks. When you work from a home office, you end up taking care of all office management tasks. Answering phone calls, receiving parcels, cleaning your workspace, and setting up equipment all take time that should be spent on revenue-generating activities.
- Lack of Space/Resources. You built your home office for the needs of a much smaller business. Now you’re finding you don’t have the furnishings, equipment, and space that an office rental would be able to offer.
- Work-Life Balance. The easiest way to bring work home is to work from home. A home office can erode the boundaries between your personal and professional lives. This can impact family relationships and gives you nowhere to recharge for your next 10- or 12-hour work day.
Upgrading to an Office Rental in Burlington, MA
If your business is outgrowing your home office, it may be time to upgrade to an office rental with Office Evolution Burlington. Our Private Office rentals offer Burlington-area small business owners a number of unique benefits over a home office, including:
- A dedicated, private workspace, perfect for work-life balance and avoiding home distractions.
- Staffed reception, phone answering services, and a dedicated business address and mailbox.
- Spacious, fully-furnished, ready-for-use offices, complete with essentials and amenities.
- Access to conference rooms for meeting clients, team members, and other professionals.
- Freshly ground and individually brewed Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas.
- Convenient location in Burlington, MA, with easy access to the Boston MetroWest Area.
- Close proximity to Lexington, Bedford, Woburn, Winchester, Billerica, and Wilmington.
Call Office Evolution Burlington at 781-222-8075 today for more information on our Private Office rentals.