Telephone Answering Services in Chicago
Small businesses in Chicago struggle to grow when small business owners struggle to delegate. Even if you run a one-person business, you need support if you’re going to build your business. A great place to start is a telephone answering service.
If you’re like most business owners, you struggle to keep up with telephone reception. That can result in missed leads and upset clients. Even if you’re diligent about answering your phone, incoming calls can throw off your focus — especially when they’re from pushy solicitors, scam callers, or wrong numbers.
Telephone answering companies solve these headaches by providing small businesses with phone reception performed by live agents. This way, you miss zero incoming calls, your customers are always greeted by real receptionists, and your workdays become more productive with fewer unwanted phone calls. So it’s little surprise that demand for telephone answering services has been heating up in Chicago over the past few years.
How Telephone Answering Services Make a Difference
Unsure whether telephone reception services are worth it for your business? Wondering how they stack up against virtual receptionists? A series of recent studies have helped shed light on the value that answering services bring to small businesses. Here are some of the most significant findings.
- Small Businesses Miss Most Incoming Calls. Small businesses do a poor job of answering incoming calls. How poor? According to one study, 62% of calls to small businesses either get no answer or go to voicemail.
- Customers Don’t Want to Leave a Message. So you missed a call. No big deal — it went to voicemail. Except that most customers aren’t interested in leaving you a message. Research by telecom experts says that roughly 70% of callers hang up on answering machines.
- Unwanted Phone Calls Are Productivity Killers. If you’re like most small business owners, spam phone calls are toxic to your workflow. According to estimates, these calls cost American small businesses more than $500 million in lost productivity each year.
- Spam Makes Up a Third of All Phone Traffic. Does it sometimes seem like every other call you get is a robocall, a scam artist, or someone trying to sell you something you don’t need? Then it shouldn’t surprise you that spam phone calls make up just over a third of all US phone traffic.
- People Want to Talk to Other People. Nobody likes hearing an automated voice instead of a live agent. At least, almost nobody does. When surveyed, only 3% of consumers express a preference for virtual receptionists. 90% prefer live agents.
- Customers Don’t Want to Wait on Hold. How long can you leave the average customer on hold before they become upset? If you answered less than a minute, you’d be right. In fact, 32% of customers think any hold time at all is unacceptable.
- Automated Answering More Than Doubles Hold Times. Sometimes, people are more efficient than machines. That’s clear when you compare the average time on hold customers spend with live agents (51 seconds) versus virtual reception (1 minute, 51 seconds).
- Reception Services Increase Productivity. The typical client for Office Evolution® Chicago remote receptionist services will save two hours every workweek. That’s 100 hours of added productivity over the course of a year.
Telephone Answering Company in Chicago, IL
Based out of northwest Chicago, Office Evolution Chicago is the perfect choice for telephone answering services in the Windy City. Our live agents will help you manage calls from customers and unclutter your workweek, helping you building a more a profitable business. We offer three levels of telephone answering services, perfect for business owners and independent professionals in Chicago, Park Ridge, Rosemont, Des Plaines, Morton Grove, Norridge, and Harwood Heights.
Call 847-380-1078 for more information about our telephone answering services in Chicago, IL!