Comparing Leased Office Space vs. Coworking Space
Coworking spaces have seen an uptick in usage in the previous years due to the affordable and flexible pricing options they offer professionals. Traditional office leases come with many costs that can add up to the unsuspecting renter. When comparing coworking spaces to office leases there is a substantial difference in price that you might not be aware of initially. We will breakdown what the actual cost of office leases comes out to and compare it to coworking spaces.
- First thing about leasing an office that gets overlooked is the 3-5 year term that you will be locked into that limits your flexibility. Most leases will not offer month-to-month or anything less than a multi-year term. Coworking spaces offer flexible terms that allow you to change options when it’s convenient for you.
- Broker fees can range up to 15% if you want to find a good space. There is no fee on your end if you use a vendor to find you coworking space. You can still receive a private office without the added fee.
- Furniture will be one of the most expensive costs in leasing a private office. A desk and chair alone will cost upwards of $1,000. This does not include the other furnishings such as paintings, phone, and plants. Office Evolution furnishes every private office with a desk, chair, phone, and filing cabinet which puts money back in your pocket.
- Maintenance and cleaning fees can be added on to your lease which can add a couple hundred dollars a month. This is included in your flat monthly payment for coworking spaces.
- Other costs that can add up are printers, IT support, WiFi, and other amenities that are not included in your lease. If your space does not have a kitchen, it will make it difficult to brown bag your lunch which means you’ll be spending more money picking up food. Most spaces do not have conference rooms which means you will need to find and rent out conference rooms outside of your building. Office Evolution provides free, fast WiFi, IT support, print usage, monthly allotment of conference room, fully functioning kitchen, monthly phone service, and a business address which is all included in your private office.
All of these hidden costs are pre-determined, but at Office Evolution they are non-existent. At Office Evolution, we offer the privacy of a leased office space, all-inclusive amenities, and flexible term lengths. The choice is easy if you ask us.
At Office Evolution Fairfax, we provide virtual office, coworking, and private office solutions at our shared office center. We also offer meeting rooms, hot desking in a shared lounge, a shared reception area, a business address, and virtual receptionist services. We have many options and price points, and all terms are flexible. Plus, you become part of a community of like-minded professionals.
Whether you live in Centreville, Fairfax, Annandale, Oakton, Chantilly, Burke, Vienna, Falls Church, and other communities nearby in Fairfax and Prince William counties, choosing Office Evolution Fairfax in Virginia will help you be more professional, productive, and profitable.
Learn more at our website: https://www.officeevolution.com/locations/fairfax