3 Tips on Renting Temporary Office Space in Mill Valley
The rising demand for temporary workers has been a popular topic in recent years. Much less attention, however, has been paid to the rising demand for temporary office space. Despite the lack of headlines, this story has been playing out across the US, including right here in Mill Valley CA.
What makes temporary office space so appealing to businesses in Mill Valley? While a single reason might make for an easy story, the truth is there’s more than one answer. Businesses are shifting to temporary workspace rentals for a range of different reasons and to address a range of different needs. A few examples include:
- Startups have switched to short term office space rentals to reduce upfront costs, minimize long term investments, and accelerate the speed with which they launch and scale their ventures.
- Jet-setting professionals will rent office space for a day, a week, or by the month when meeting with clients or performing contract work away from their main office.
- Established companies rent out temporary workspace to minimize the risks and overhead needed to launch short term projects and satellite offices.
- During periods of growth or transition, many businesses rent short term workspace as a stopgap before finding a long term lease on a new workspace.
In many case, the decision to rent a temporary office is an easy one to make. But for businesses in Mill Valley, finding a great temporary workspace isn’t always so simple. To help, we’ve compiled three key tips on finding a short term office rental in Mill Valley, Tiburon, Sausalito, Corte Madera, Larkspur, or elsewhere in Marin County.
How to Find the Perfect Temporary Office
- Focus on functional temporary office space. A significant chunk of the short term workspace market is composed of ultra-trendy, visually appealing spaces. So long as the workspace itself is functional, fashionable aesthetics aren’t an issue. But when stylish design leads to poor ergonomics, minimal privacy, weak soundproofing, or constant distraction, that’s a serious concern for your productivity.
- Find a space with minimal upfront costs. When you’re renting office space on a short term lease or a flexible agreement, you want to minimize the amount of time and money you’re investing upfront. A great temporary office in Mill Valley is one that’s ready for use, with high-quality furniture, utilities, and equipment already in place.
- Up against a tight budget? Explore alternatives. In a competitive real estate market like Mill Valley, a temporary office can strain a small business’ budget. If you’re in this situation, a coworking membership in Mill Valley might be a better fit for your needs. Coworking offers many of the benefits of a temporary office rental, and if you need a private office, many coworking spaces will let you rent office space for a day at a discounted rate.