6 Reasons to Use Telephone Answering Services in Mill Valley
Telephone answering services are the perfect “do more with less” option for entrepreneurs in Mill Valley, CA. In a competitive area like Marin County, start-ups and independent professionals need to make the most of every minute in their workweek and every dollar in their account. When phone calls are constantly disrupting your workflow, productivity can suffer. But you can’t just ignore your phone, and few small businesses have the resources to hire a dedicated receptionist.
Live reception services from a local telephone answering company — like Office Evolution® Mill Valley — solve both of these problems. Live answering plans make it easy to filter out spam calls while making sure your clients and investors always speak with a real person when they call your office. Best of all, high-end remote receptionist services cost less than 10% of what your business would need to pay to hire a full-time receptionist.
Thinking of hiring a telephone answering service? Here are six important points you should keep in mind when making your decision.
- Small Businesses Are Missing More Calls Than Many Realize. Phone reception is rarely the number one priority of small business owners. With so many other responsibilities to manage, most small businesses fail to answer the phone consistently. One study found that 6 in 10 calls to small businesses aren’t picked up.
- Consumers Prefer Live Agents to Virtual Receptionists.Among businesses, virtual reception services are a popular budget alternative to live answering. But according to research performed by HuffPost, thirty times as many consumers express a preference for live agents compared to virtual receptionists.
- Virtual Receptionists Struggle with Customer Satisfaction. Consumers not only prefer live receptionists to virtual ones, they also report deep frustration when dealing with automated systems. In the same HuffPost study, only 10% of interactions with automated systems ended with satisfied customers.
- Callers Don’t Want Long Hold Times. Many Don’t Want Hold Times at All. In a survey by software firm Velaro, 28% of consumers said they found hold times longer than a minute disrespectful. Another 32% said that spending any time on hold was unacceptable.
- Live Answering Services Cut Hold Times by More Than Half. Technology is supposed to make our world more efficient. It doesn’t always work out that way. Reporting by Time magazine on live reception vs. automated answering systems found that hold times jumped by 118% with virtual reception.
- Spam Calls Cost Small Businesses Hundreds of Millions Each Year. More than a third of US phone traffic is made up of spam phone calls. Those calls hit small businesses particularly hard, since owners rarely have screening processes in place. As a result, American small businesses lose an estimate $500 million each year to spam callers.
Telephone Answering Services in Mill Valley, CA
Here’s another figure that you should keep in mind if you’re thinking about getting a telephone answering service for your business: 100 hours.
That’s how much time you can save by choosing a live answering plan from Office Evolution Mill Valley. Our live answering services save businesses 2+ hours a week, meaning you’ll save 100 hours or more over a 50-week work year. Our services are perfect for entrepreneurs, professionals, and small businesses in Marin County, including those located in Mill Valley, Tiburon, Sausalito, Corte Madera, and Larkspur.
Call 415-508-3003 today and learn more about telephone answering services from Office Evolution Mill Valley.