Checking in with the Center: The Pros & Cons of Working From Home
Well, it’s been an amazing 6 months around here! From our ribbon cutting with the Overland Park Chamber Feb. 28, 2018 until today, Office Evolution Overland Park has been making its name known around the Kansas City area. Lots of people have asked us why we wanted to take on this market of shared space and dedicated offices. The reason is simple—IT’S PERSONAL FOR US! Ryan has officed out of our house for over 20 years. With 3 kids, 2 dogs and life, we intimately know the ins and outs of working from home—the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Being able to walk downstairs whenever you need to do business
- No time wasted in traffic getting to work
- Being at home saves money
- You can wear what you want b/c no one will see you
- Coffee shops and restaurants are easy places to meet customers with free WIFI
- No boundaries from work
- No ability to decompress after a long, frustrating day
- Being at home wastes 1-2 hours per day of distractions which equates up to $400/day
- No one will see you which means no new connections or relationships
- Loss of confidentiality, cost of meals/coffee, stress looking for outlets, noisy, less professional
When Ryan found out there was a professional, affordable, quiet location which provided a relief from distractions, encouraged the creation of relationships and networking opportunities, and raised the image of his business to a more professional level, he said the following:
“If I had known this was a possibility 20 years ago, I’d have made more money, been less stressed and have had better relationships with my children and wife due to the ability to leave work at work—not blurring the lines between home and office. This would have changed my life!”
Why do we own Office Evolution Overland Park? Because we believe that our services allow business owners to make more money by providing professional, quiet space where business owners can be part of an Ohana—family—whereby making relationships and expanding their networks to bolster not only their personal happiness but also their business’ bottom line. By offering a wide swath of services from professional mailing addresses to dedicated offices & conference rooms and everything in between, we can provide business solutions for just about any business owner.
Everyone works somewhere. The question is—what do you want your place of work to say about your business? If your desire is for PROFESSIONALISM, EASE, HAPPINESS & INCREASED PROFITABILITY, then Office Evolution Overland Park is here for you.