5 Reasons Somerville Professionals Thrive in Coworking Spaces
These days, more and more professionals are looking for a local coworking space in Somerville, NJ. If you’ve had the chance to use a shared workspace, this probably doesn’t surprise you. But if you’re unfamiliar with the benefits of coworking, you might be curious why it’s suddenly so popular with professionals in Somerville.
While it might seem like these spaces have come out of nowhere, the coworking movement has been quietly building for more than a decade. A big growth spurt came in 2015, when the Harvard Business Review published an article titled “Why People Thrive in Coworking Spaces.” The article’s authors had been studying what conditions made employees happier and more productive. During their study, they made a surprising discovery. Professionals who rent a coworking space were thriving at levels the researchers had never seen before — levels “so unheard of” that they had to double-check their own math.
Benefits to Coworking in Somerville
These days, you’ll find people talking up coworking spaces almost anywhere you turn in the Somerville area: from Bridgewater to Raritan, Manville to Branchburg, Bound Brook to Warren, and just about everywhere else in Somerset County.
Here are some of the key benefits you’ll hear people talking about.
- Community. One of the biggest benefits to working at a place like Office Evolution® Somerville is the sense of community. Even though most of us are independent professionals, everyone here feels part of a larger team. That’s a common experience in shared workspaces. When answering surveys, people in shared workplaces rate the social aspects of their work life more highly than office workers and work-from-home professionals.
- Collaboration. The term “collaborative workspace” is often used to describe coworking spaces — and with good reason. When you’re surrounded by people with so many different skill sets and professional backgrounds, the opportunities for teamwork are almost limitless. This also makes shared work environments the perfect place for growing your professional network.
- Productivity. Successful workers depend on their habits, their routine, and their environment to help them stay productive. But if you’re like most people, you struggle with at least one or two of these elements. A shared workspace membership will give you the control, flexibility, and space that you need to make the most of every workweek. With 24/7 access to focus-friendly, distraction-free workspace, you can work according to your own pace and your own schedule.
- Excitement. The shared workspace movement is literally changing the modern office landscape. That gives shared workspaces an infectious level of energy and excitement. It also attracts forward-thinking professionals creating an atmosphere conducive to innovation and big ideas.
- Resources. When you’re working away from the office, or when you don’t have an office to begin with, you typically lack access to key amenities and equipment. Shared work space for rent comes with many of those resources. At Office Evolution Somerville, for instance, your membership gives you access to a community printer, photocopier, and fax machine, a fully equipped break room, onsite support, high-speed Wi-Fi, free hot beverages, and discounts on meeting rooms rentals.
Join a thriving professional community with a shared workspace membership at Office Evolution Somerville! Unsure if a shared work environment’s right for you? Get in touch with our team to find out how you can get one free hour of shared workspace access.
Call 908-751-4986 today for more information on coworking at Office Evolution Somerville!