Comparing a Home Office and Office Rental in Somerville
Are you starting to wonder if your home office is holding back your business? Many of Somerville’s most successful small businesses began in home offices, but working from home can hamper productivity and limit the potential of your business. If your home office is becoming a liability for your business, an office rental in downtown Somerville, NJ may be the solution you’ve been seeking.
Home Offices Can Limit Small Businesses
Home offices have many benefits. They also have significant drawbacks. Home-based entrepreneurs report common problems that include struggling to gain new clients, interruptions from family members, and trouble optimizing their time. If you’re running into these issues, you may be weighing the pros and cons of your home office vs. an office rental in Somerville.
An office rental can fix a number of key home office issues. Here are five of the biggest home office problems that we’ve seen solved by a Private Office rental at Office Evolution®Somerville.
- Responsibility Overload. In a home office, you’re the only employee on site. You cover the phones, the mail, important deliveries, managing equipment, and even janitorial services. These tasks add up, making it difficult to increase revenue-generating hours from home.
- Home Distractions. During the day, you’re distracted by chores. In the evenings you’re distracted by family. At any time of day, you might get a personal call or delivery. If you don’t have time for these distractions, you need a way to make sure they don’t interfere with your work.
- No Meeting Space. Coffee shops lack space, professional equipment and privacy. Not every client can hold meetings in their office. Now that your business is growing, a lack of proper meeting space has left you struggling to coordinate meetings.
- Unprofessional Image. If there’s a residential address on your invoices, it can be hard to get a certain tier of clientele to take your business seriously. A business mailing address sends a signal to clients that you have the resources to meet their needs.
- Work-Life Balance. Personal and professional boundaries can quickly disappear when working from home. You’re preoccupied with work during personal time and personal issues during work hours. Your brain is always half at work/half not, and it’s killing your performance.
It’s Time for an Office Rental in Somerville, NJ
Is your home office compromising your work and your business? An office rental at Office Evolution® Somerville can help. Our Private Office rentals in downtown Somerville offer key benefits over home offices, including:
- Privacy and productivity-focused design give you the distraction-free space you need.
- Pre-furnished offices with essential office infrastructure already in place for your use.
- Access to office equipment, workplace amenities, and by-the-hour conferencing areas.
- Phone, mail, and reception services ensure less time spent on unimportant tasks.
- Downtown Somerville location near major local businesses and amenities.
- Flexibility to rent long-term, monthly, by the day or even by the hour
- Easy access to and from Bridgewater, Raritan, Manville, Branchburg, Readington, Warren, Hillsborough, and other Somerset County communities.
Ready to ditch the home office and move into an office rental in Somerville? Call 908-751-4986 today for more information.