March Madness: Coffee Shops vs. Conference Rooms
For the next match-up we look at meeting at the coffee shop for a meeting vs. renting out a conference room. This is another one where it really depends on the situation. A coffee shop provides neutral ground with obvious amenities, but what it lacks is privacy and professionalism required for many situations. Answering a few simple questions can help you decide:
- Will it be a challenge if you cannot find a table?
- Do you mind if others evesdrop on your discussion?
- Will this meeting project an impression on your busines?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you may want to consider renting a private conference room. A small conference room in Somerville is $30/hour and your first booking is 50% off. Our monthly virtual members get 50% off the rate every day. A large conference room is also available for meetings and seminars up to 30 people. Here are some benefits of a renting out a conference room:
- Flexibility to rent by the hour or day
- Rooms can be reserved in advance so you’re sure you have a place to meet
- A receptionist can greet your guest / client
- Private meeting place ensures no one is listening to your discussion
- Includes coffee from a Starbucks coffee machine for you and your guests!
Good luck with your next meeting!