Coworking in Westlake Village: 5 Proven Career Benefits
If you work in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, or Calabasas, you’ve probably noticed that coworking is becoming more and more popular in the Westlake Village area. This makes plenty of sense to those of us who’ve seen what shared workspaces have to offer. But if you haven’t experienced the benefits of coworking spaces, you might be curious why they’ve become so popular among local professionals.
The answer is deceptively simple: people work better in shared work environments. According to a study that the Harvard Business Review reported on in 2015, workers in shared workplaces are thriving at far higher levels than professionals in typical office environments. In fact, the difference is so big that the study’s authors called their own findings as “something so unheard of that we had to look at the data again.”
Westlake Village Professionals Thrive in Coworking Westlake Spaces
Even with this information, you still might be wondering whyworkers thrive in shared workspaces more than they do in other work environments. At Office Evolution® Westlake Village, we’ve been lucky enough to see the benefits of coworking in action in our shared workspace. Based on years of experience, we’ve identified the following factors as five of the biggest benefits workers see when they rent a coworking space.
- Community Environment. In surveys, professionals in shared workspaces consistently rate the community atmosphere of their workplaces higher than office workers. Workers in these spaces feel less pressure to fit in thanks to less emphasis on corporate culture, and they don’t need to worry about office politics. That makes workers more comfortable and allows relationships to build more organically.
- Teamwork and Innovation. Shared workplaces are spaces of remarkable professional diversity, bringing artists, coders, marketers, entrepreneurs, and all other kinds of workers together in one place. This creates a collaborative workspace, one where teamwork and innovation flourish. At the same time, it creates an ideal environment for networking, opening up new doors for community members.
- Freedom, Flexibility, and Structure. Joining a coworking space like Office Evolution Westlake Village gives you total control over your work-life and your schedule. At the same time, it offers structure that many professionals find lacking when they work from home. This way, you get the professional freedom you’ve always desired without sacrificing the boundaries between your work-life and home-life.
- Focus-Friendly Workspace. Poor work-life/home-life boundaries aren’t the only issue with home offices. Working from home or even your local coffee shop tends to mean that you’re surrounded by distractions and interruptions. A shared workplace is designed for focus and productivity — much more so than the average home office or your favorite café.
- Resources and Office Amenities. A membership with a shared workspace will give you access to professional resources and workplace amenities. At Office Evolution Westlake Village, these include staffed reception services, high-speed Wi-Fi, access to community office equipment and a fully equipped office kitchen, plus free coffee and tea.
Ready to join a local coworking space in Westlake Village? Find your place in the coworking community at Office Evolution Westlake Village with one of our shared workspace memberships or with a dedicated work space for rent. Unsure if coworking is right for you? Contact us today to learn how you can get a free hour of shared workspace access.
Discover the benefits or coworking and learn more about our shared workspace memberships by calling Office Evolution Westlake Village today at 818-208-6678.