Despite what the title on your business card says, small business ownership is more than just a job — it’s an entire company’s worth of jobs, all rolled into one. That means constantly trying to balance big priorities against day-to-day tasks. For instance, phone management. So if you want to find more time for growing your business, you’ll need support with everyday responsibilities. A telephone answering service — like a live answering plan from Office Evolution®Overland Park — is the perfect place to start.
Modern telephone answering companies have changed the way small businesses approach telephone reception. Services at these companies cost a fraction of what businesses pay a typical receptionist. Yet despite their low price point, these services cover most, if not all, of small businesses’ phone answering needs. More and more small businesses — across America, and here in Overland Park, KS — are now choosing telephone answering services to greet, screen, and redirect incoming phone traffic.
Telephone Answering Services By the Numbers
Small businesses aren’t the only ones to take notice of live answering services. Researchers, reporters, and business management experts are also paying attention. In studies, they’ve taken a closer look at what makes these services so valuable, as well as how live answering stacks up against alternative services, like virtual reception.
Here are six key numbers from recent studies and reports on telephone answering services, compiled by the team at Office Evolution Overland Park.
- $500 Million – What Spam Calls Cost Small Businesses Every Year. Spam calls are more than a nuisance, especially for US small businesses. Over the course of a year, spam callers are estimated to cost American small businesses roughly half-a-billion dollars in lost productivity.
- $2,600+ per Month – Cost Difference of a Receptionist vs. an Answering Plan. The median salary for a US receptionist is over $2,800 per month. Meanwhile, high-end telephone answering services for small businesses in Overland Park, KS have a monthly cost between $150 and $200.
- 62% of Calls – How Often Small Businesses Fail to Pick Up the Phone. More than 6 out of every 10 calls to small businesses end without the caller ever hearing from a real person. 38% of the time, they get voicemail. 24% of the time, they get nothing but a dial tone.
- 90% – Consumer Preference for Live Answering vs. Virtual Reception. Virtual receptionists have enjoyed a degree of popularity with businesses in recent years. It’s a different story among consumers, with 9 in 10 expressing a clear preference for live receptionists.
- 1 in 10 – Success Rate of Virtual Receptionists for Caller Satisfaction. One reason consumers dislike virtual reception services is their poor track record with customer service. A study by HuffPost found that virtual reception systems only satisfied 10% of customer service needs.
- 100+ Hours – How Much Time You’ll Save Each Year with Live Answering. Live answering from Office Evolution Overland Park adds 100+ hours to a typical client’s work year. That’s 100 hours you get to spend growing your business instead of tending to your phone line.
Telephone Answering Services in Overland Park, KS
Feeling tangled up by your business phone line? Need more time to focus on tasks that really matter? Then it’s time to call the team at Office Evolution Overland Park. Our telephone answering services are tailored specifically to the needs of professionals and small businesses in the Overland Park area, and we proudly serve businesses in nearby communities like Leawood, Olathe, and Lenexa.
Learn more about telephone answering services from Office Evolution Overland Park by calling 913-417-2022 today!