What’s the Best Mailbox Rental in Chicago for Businesses?
Looking for a mailbox rental in Chicago, IL? In that case, you’ve got three basic options:
- Leasing a PO box at a nearby USPS location.
- Getting a private mailbox at a private postal center.
- Renting a mailbox at a business center like Office Evolution® Chicago.
On the surface, these three options might look more or less the same. All three give you a private, lock-and-key mailbox, plus a dedicated address for your business. But on closer inspection, there are a few different features that set these options apart.
Choosing the Right Mailbox Rental in Chicago
If you want to find the best local mailbox rental for your business, you’ll need to think about what kind of mailing address you want, whether you’ll be receiving parcels, and if you’re looking for additional small business services.
Which kind of mailing address do you want?
A mailbox rental will give you a dedicated address to use for business purposes. But the type of mailbox you rent will affect the kind of address you end up using.
- If you use a PO Box, anyone who sees your address will know it’s a PO Box.
- At a private postal center, you’ll get a full street address. The downside? Googling this address will reveal it’s not a real office.
- When you rent a mailbox at business center, they can give you a mailing address that looks just like an office address, which is perfect for virtual offices.
Will you be using this address to receive parcels?
Some business owners rent a mailbox just to give themselves an address for bills and paperwork. But if you’re planning to receive parcels at this address, that could be an issue.
- With a PO Box, the post office will receive parcels on your behalf sent through USPS. But they will refuse to sign for parcels from private couriers.
- A private postal center will allow you to receive all types of parcels, including parcels sent via private courier.
- Business centers offer parcel reception services and will accept parcels from private couriers.
What other professional services do you need?
Renting a mailbox can provide you with additional services for your small business, depending on where you choose to rent your mailbox.
- While the post office is a great place to rent a mailbox, it doesn’t offer much else in terms of small business services. (Sorry, USPS!)
- Most private postal centers offer basic small business services — like printing, scanning, copying — along with office supplies.
- Renting a mailbox at a business center can lead to big savings on a number of small business services. At Office Evolution Chicago, these include phone answering services, meeting room rentals, co-working memberships, and more!
If you’re looking for the best place to get a mailbox rental in the Chicago O’Hare area, we invite you to visit us! Our location is ideal for anyone based in the northwest Chicagoland area, including Park Ridge, Rosemont, Des Plaines, Morton Grove, Norridge, and Harwood Heights.
Need a mailbox rental in Chicago, IL? Call Office Evolution Chicago at (847) 380-1078 today to learn more!