Telephone Answering Services in Westlake Village: 7 Need-to-Know Stats
Telephone answering services are a popular option at Office Evolution® Westlake Village. It’s easy to see why. Most small business owners and independent professionals are too swamped to properly manage incoming calls. But few of them have the funds to hire a dedicated receptionist. Our telephone answering services represent a low cost alternative. We give businesses in Westlake Village an affordable way to screen calls and greet clients, improving both productivity and customer service.
If you run a small business based in the Westlake Village area, our telephone answering service could be perfect for your business. But if you’re like many business owners considering telephone answering companies, you might be on the fence about whether or not a live answering plan is right for your business.
The good new is that you’re not the first person to ask this question. The rising popularity of these services have led major companies and news outlets to look closer at the problems they solve, where they offer value, and how they stack up against competing services. We’ve pulled together seven of their most important findings to help businesses in Westlake Village figure out if telephone reception services are right for their business.
Stats on Answering Services & Virtual Receptionists
- Small Businesses Miss 62% of Incoming Calls. Small business owners are busy people. Instead of doing one job, they need to do the jobs of an entire workforce. That makes phone management difficult. According to one study, nearly two thirds of all incoming calls to small businesses end up going unanswered or to voicemail.
- Spam Calls Cost Small Businesses $500M per Year.Spam phone calls can be incredibly disruptive for small businesses. Without call screening by a dedicated or remote receptionist, robocalls and unsolicited sales calls can derail focus and workflow. The result? Half-a-billion dollars in lost productivity each year.
- Consumers Prefer Live Receptionists at a Rate of 30:1.Not many people like hearing a robot on the other end of a phone line. In a HuffPost survey, only 3% of respondents said they preferred virtual receptionists. Meanwhile, 90% of respondents — 30 times as many — said they preferred live answering.
- Virtual Receptionists Satisfy Only 10% of Callers. Part of the reason few consumers prefer virtual reception systems is their poor track record for customer service. In the same HuffPost survey, only 10% of calls to automated systems ended with satisfied customers.
- Hold Times Increase by 118% on Automated Systems.Live answering services boast another advantage over virtual reception. A comparison by Time magazine found that hold times were more than twice as long on automated systems.
- A Minute on Hold Is Too Long for 60% of Consumers.Longer hold times might not seem like a big deal until you find out that 60% of consumers think hold times longer than a minute are unacceptable from modern businesses.
- Remote Answering Adds 100+ Hours of Productivity.Live reception from telephone answering companies measurably increases productivity. Office Evolution live answering adds 2+ hours to the average client’s workweek, a savings of more than 100 hours over the course of a year.
Telephone Answering Service in Westlake Village, CA
As a small business owner, you shouldn’t be hung up on answering your phone. Take a smarter approach to phone reception with telephone answering services from Office Evolution Westlake Village. Our live answering plans include a range of different options, with plans tailor made for small business owners and independent professionals in Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, and Calabasas.
Call 818-208-6678 today to speak with the team at Office Evolution Westlake Village about our telephone answering services.