What Is a Flex Space and Who Can Benefit From It
Are you ready for some perplexing data?
More than 80% of employees do not want to return to the office full-time, and 39% are entertaining the idea of quitting if their employers refuse to provide work-from-home options in 2023.
At the same time, co-working spaces are thriving and experiencing growth, with a 158% increase in openings over the past year.
So, what’s the story behind this trend?
While it’s evident that the pandemic and the subsequent office closures have pushed people to seek alternative workspaces, industry leader Office Evolution knows there’s more to it than just necessity.
With an estimated worth of $13.03 billion by 2025, co-working spaces are proving to be a force to reckon with, outperforming traditional corporate offices.
After a prolonged period of closures, it’s not just the trendy mid-century-modern furniture, fancy coffee machines, or unique local art that are enticing people back to co-working spaces like Office Evolution.
Co-working spaces like Office Evolution provide the flexibility to work on your own terms, with the liberty to choose a workspace that has a convenient or attractive commute, and work the hours that suit you best.
This level of autonomy and control has shown substantial impacts on one’s mental and physical health.
According to the World Happiness Report, independence over one’s workday is a significant factor in job satisfaction. In fact, 97% of workers believe that having flexibility in their work would improve their quality of life.
Since 2020, the concept of co-working spaces has gained immense popularity among entrepreneurs, freelancers, and remote workers due to these compelling statistics.
With the increasing demand for flexible and collaborative workspaces, a new type of co-working space has emerged – the flex coworking space.
So, what exactly is a flex space?
Let’s dissect this while we uncover the hidden benefits of flex working at Office Evolution.
To start, we’ve uncovered 15 of the top benefits of renting a flex office space, no matter if you’re a remote worker, start-up, or established entity:
- Cost-effectiveness: According to a report by CBRE, a commercial real estate services firm, large brands will save at least 20% each year when opting in for a flex space as opposed to a traditional office space. At VentureX, we provide 5 different membership options to help meet you where you’re at: virtual office, community, shared desk, dedicated desk, and private offices.
- Flexibility: Our workspaces offer flexible rental plans, allowing users to choose the type of space that best suits their needs and rent it for as long or short a period as they need. At VentureX, you’ll never be tied down to a long term commitment, but we will always have space for you when you’re ready to scale.
- Networking opportunities: VentureX flexible office spaces bring together a community of like-minded professionals, offering ample opportunities for networking, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing. Each month we host a variety of networking opportunities for our members, whether that be a happy hour or knowledge share presentation. Something maybe even more notable is that at any given moment, you may be working alongside tech start-ups, real estate brokers, lawyers, designers, producers, and so many more unique people to connect with.
- Productivity: VentureX workspaces are thoughtfully designed to promote productivity, with amenities like unmatched high-speed internet, comfortable but modern furniture, and quiet nooks for focused work.
- Location: VentureX coworking spaces are located in some of the most sought after locations in all of Denver, making it easy for users to access amenities like restaurants, shops, and public transportation, while also holding a prestigious office address to utilize on marketing materials.
- Work-life balance: VentureX workspaces are known for going above and beyond when it comes to additional amenities like on-site gyms, yoga studios, parenting nooks, cafes, and rooftop seating, helping individuals maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Increased creativity: The collaborative environment of coworking and flexible office spaces can lead to increased creativity and innovation. VentureX coworking spaces also offer spaces specifically for creatives such as podcasting studios and professional photography studios.
- Reduced isolation: According to a 2020 survey conducted by Buffer, which polled more than 3,500 remote workers worldwide, 20% of remote workers cited loneliness and isolation as their biggest struggle with remote work. For individuals who work remotely or from home, coworking and flexible office spaces like VentureX provide an opportunity to reduce isolation and improve mental health.
- Professional development: VentureX offers workshops, training sessions, and other opportunities for professional development in an array of different industries led by VentureX community members.
- Reduced commute time: According to a study conducted by the Washington Post, the average American worker spends approximately 200 hours per year commuting to and from work, which equates to roughly 8 full days. Over the course of a typical 40-year career, this adds up to nearly 1 year of an individual’s life spent commuting. That’s why VentureX has broken ground in multiple locations surrounding the Denver metro area, allowing members to have an office space closer to home.
- Security: VentureX workspaces provide 24/7 security, giving users peace of mind that their workspace and belongings are safe, no matter the time of day.
- Scalability: All VentureX memberships and workspaces are scalable, allowing your business to rent more space as you grow or downsize as the economy shifts.
- Reduced administrative tasks: VentureX flexible office spaces provide services like mail handling and reception, reducing the administrative tasks that come with renting a traditional office.
- Community events: At Office Evolution, we would be nothing without our community, so we value putting on weekly events to show our appreciation. Any given week, you’ll find us hosting community events like happy hours, networking events, workshops, free lunches, and social gatherings, helping users to build connections and foster genuine connection.
- Agility: Coworking and flexible office spaces like VentureX offer agility and flexibility for individuals and businesses looking to adapt to changing work trends and market demands.
Even though remote work is expected to persist, with many opting to work from home at least a few days a week, the significance of a shared office setting is not diminishing anytime soon.
Organizations and property owners who can adapt to the evolving needs of their employees by embracing flexible models and remaining agile will benefit both parties and be better positioned for success, no matter what the future holds.